When should I take the class?
1. Sign-up for class as close after you turn 15 as possible, but ages 15-18 can take the class. You must have your Learner Permit to take the class. Again, it's recommended you take the class as soon as you turn 15 years old and have your Learner Permit.
2. We recommend not getting your Learner Permit on your birthday. A week or two after will allow yourself some wiggle room when getting your Driver License. What if your birthday falls on a weekend? You would have to re-new your Learner Permit ($19) then apply for your Driver License ($39) the next week.
How long does the Driver
1. Plan on the process taking taking at least 4-6 weeks. Remember class requirements are 27 hours, Range 12 hours, and Road 6 hours (see the "Driver Education Requirements" tab for more info about requirements). Mix all the time requirements and also 40-60 students going through the process at a time, unfortunately, it's not a quick process.
2. If your Learner Permit is going to expire and your are either in class or not have taken class, or are in a Range session, re-new your permit. You must have a non-expired Learner Permit to get your license. Contact the DLD for information on how to re-new your Learners Permit.
How do I sign-up for class?
1. Get your Learner Permit from the Utah Driver License Division. Click the "Learner Permit" link below for information on attaining a Learner Permit.
2. Pay $100 to the Finance Office at Spanish Fork High School.
3. Check the list under "Next Class" on this website to see if you are in the next class.
4. Attend class at the assigned time, date, and location.
*If you signup for a class and are unable to attend the class, you will be put into the next class session.